How do I fix the drum error on my Brother MFC 9840CDW?
How to reset the MFC-9840CDW printer when the drum has expired:
- In ready mode, press the 3 and 9 button at the same time so that the reset menu appears.
- Press the up or down arrow until you get to the drum, then press ok.
- Select 1 to reset the drum.
- Your printer should now be in the ready state with the drum reset.
Why does my Brother printer keep saying drum?
The message “Drum Error” will appear on the display if the corona wire on the drum unit needs to be cleaned. 1. Open the front cover and remove the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. Be sure to place the drum and toner assembly on a piece of paper in case of spilled or scattered toner.
How do you reset the drum counter on a Brother MFC 9840CDW?
When you replace the drum unit with a new one, you need to reset the drum unit counter by completing the following steps:
- Turn on the the machine’s power switch.
- Press Menu => Machine Info. => Reset Menu.
- Press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose Drum.
- Press OK.
- Press 1 to reset the drum unit counter.
- Press Stop/Exit.
How do you fix a printer drum error?
First, you will need to remove the old drum and replace it with the new one:
- Make sure that the printer is on and open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit from the machine.
- Push down the green lock lever and remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unpack the new drum unit.
Do I have to replace drum unit on Brother printer?
The Brother machine will display a ‘Replace Drum’ or ‘Drum Stop’ message when the machine has printed approximately 15,000 pages. The drums should be replaced as a set in order to maintain print quality. Unlike the toner cartridges, the drum change is not automatically detected by the machine when they are replaced.