Where are my Thunderbird folders?
The folder pane is displayed on the left side of the Thunderbird window. It shows a list of your email accounts, the folders that are created by default (such as “Sent”, “Trash”, etc) and the folders that you have manually created to organize your messages.
Does Thunderbird save emails locally?
By default, email on Thunderbird is stored on the server side. However, it is possible to open a “local archive” and move your mails in this archive in order to store them only on your local machine.
How do I backup my Thunderbird settings?
Go into the folder you want to save on Thunderbird and select the existing messages, right click and select “Copy to” from the menu that appears, then select the destination folder in the Gmail account. At the same time as the messages are copied to the new folder, they will also be copied in the Gmail online backup.
Can I reinstall Thunderbird without losing email?
Reinstalling Thunderbird almost certainly won’t help you since the user data are stored separately from the program itself. Your issues with multiple accounts will in all likelihood remain.
How do I backup Thunderbird emails to an external hard drive?
Run Thunderbird and install ImportExportTools NG add-on in it.
- Once the add-on is installed, restart Thunderbird.
- Now, choose a folder you want to backup (such as Inbox) and right click on it.
- Select ImportExportTools NG, then Export folder, then EML format to backup Thunderbird emails on hard drive in EML format.
How do I transfer Thunderbird email to a new computer?
On your destination computer
- Connect the same transfer device you have used before to copy your Thunderbird profile folder from the source computer.
- Right-clickHold down the control key while you click on the copy of the Thunderbird profile folder that you created on the transfer device, then select Copy .
Why is Thunderbird email not working?
Your antivirus or firewall might be preventing Thunderbird from delivering your messages. Or they could be blocking the emails coming to your inbox. To test if your antivirus or firewall is blocking outgoing emails, simply disable the tools.
How do I reinstall Thunderbird email?
How to Reinstall Thunderbird
- Click the Windows “Start” button and click “Control Panel.”
- Click the “Uninstall a program” link in the Programs section to view a list of programs installed on your business computer.
- Select “Mozilla Thunderbird” and click the “Uninstall” button.
- Click “Yes” to confirm the action.
How do I merge Thunderbird profiles?
Merging multiple Thunderbird profiles
- Connect to the first profile.
- Open Windows File Manager and Thunderbird side-by-side.
- Drag-n-drop every email from Thunderbird to an empty folder on your machine.
- Close Thunderbird and reopen using the second profile.
- Drag-n-drop *. eml files from Windows Explorer into Thunderbird.
How do I download all emails from Thunderbird?
- Launch Thunderbird.
- Select your Inbox or another folder.
- Select the email you want to export. Or press CTRL+A to select all emails.
- Click the menu button to display the Thunderbird menu.
- Select Save as > File.
- Select the folder where the emails should be saved and click Save.
How do I retrieve emails from Thunderbird?
Here are the steps to restore your deleted emails from Thunderbird profile backup: Open the Thunderbird profile path on your PC: C:\\Users\\UserName\\AppData\\Roaming\\Thunderbird\\Profiles Replace profile folder with the previously created backup copy of your Thunderbird profile. Start Mozilla Thunderbird, all the messages, settings, emails, calendar, etc. will be transferred to your Thunderbird account.
How to backup Thunderbird e-mail?
How to manually backup thunderbird emails (Windows) Click on the menu button , then go to Help and select Troubleshooting Information. Click on Open Folder. Close Thunderbird. From your Thunderbird profile folder, go up three levels. Right-click on the Thunderbird folder, and select Copy. Go to the drive you are using to transfer your data, then right-click within the drive, and choose Paste.
How to recover a deleted Thunderbird e-mail account?
using the same email address and server settings as the account you deleted.
How do I reinstall Mozilla Thunderbird?
Open a Web browser and navigate to Mozilla’s Thunderbird site (see Resources). Click “Download” and save the Thunderbird installer to your desktop. Double-click the downloaded installer to begin reinstalling the application.