What was the #1 song in 1958?
Billboard year-end top 50 singles of 1958
|1||“Volare (Nel blu dipinto di blu)”||Domenico Modugno|
|2||“All I Have to Do Is Dream” / “Claudette”||The Everly Brothers|
|3||“Don’t” / “I Beg of You”||Elvis Presley|
|4||“Witch Doctor”||David Seville|
What was the number one song in September 1958?
List of Cash Box Top 100 number-one singles of 1958
|September 13||Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)||Domenico Modugno, Dean Martin|
|October 4||It’s All in the Game||Tommy Edwards|
What type of music was popular in 1958?
1958 Popular Song Chart
- Tequila – Champs.
- Johnny B. Goode – Chuck Berry.
- At The Hop – Danny & the Juniors.
- Get A Job – Silhouettes.
- Twilight Time – The Platters.
- It’s All In The Game – Tommy Edwards.
- Do You Want To Dance – Bobby Freeman.
- Sweet Little Sixteen – Chuck Berry.
What song did Elvis Presley have a hit with in 1958?
Elvis Presley Single and Album Charts
|Hard Headed Woman||1||1958|
|I Got Stung||8||1958|
|(Now and Then There’s) A Fool Such As I||2||1959|
What was the number one song November 28 1958?
It’s Only Make Believe – Conway Twitty.
What was number 1 in the charts in 1958?
The first new number-one single of the year was “Great Balls of Fire” by Jerry Lee Lewis. Overall, thirteen different singles peaked at number-one in 1958, with Connie Francis (2) having the most singles hit that position.
What was the number one song December 5 1958?
To Know Him, Is To Love Him – Teddy Bears.
What famous musicians were born in 1958?
- Sep 1 Armi Aavikko, Finnish beauty queen (Miss Finland, 1977), and pop singer, born in Helsinki, Finland) (d.
- Sep 4 George Hurley, American drummer (Minutemen), born in Brockton, Massachusetts.
- Sep 5 Lars Danielsson, Swedish musician (Summerwind), born in Gothenburg.
What was the Christmas number 1 in 1958?
IT’S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE
Listen to all the Official Christmas Number 1s on Spotify, Deezer and Apple Music
|1955||CHRISTMAS ALPHABET||DICKIE VALENTINE|
|1956||JUST WALKIN’ IN THE RAIN||JOHNNIE RAY|
|1957||MARY’S BOY CHILD||HARRY BELAFONTE|
|1958||IT’S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE||CONWAY TWITTY|