What is best horror story?
The Best Horror Novels of All Time
- The Shining by Stephen King.
- Dracula by Bram Stoker.
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.
- Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin.
- The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson.
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
- Hell House by Richard Matheson.
What books are considered horror?
Without further ado, we present our choices for the best horror novels of all time.
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson (1959)
- It by Stephen King (1986)
- Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist (2004)
- The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty (1971)
- Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley (1818)
Who is the famous horror writer?
It might not come as a surprise that ‘The Master of Horror’ Stephen King takes the top spot on this list. He’s written at least 80 books during his incredible career, with the vast majority of them becoming bestsellers around the globe, making him by far the most successful author of our time.
What are the best horror novels?
100 Best Horror Books of All Time 1. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (1818) 2. The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket by Edgar Allan Poe (1838) 3. The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales by Edgar Allan Poe (1839) 4. Gothic Tales by Elizabeth Gaskell (1851-1861)
What are some of the best novels everyone should read?
1) ‘Moby-Dick’ 2) ‘Pride and Prejudice’ 3) ‘Ulysses’ 4) ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ 5) ‘The Big Sleep’
What horror book should I read?
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
What are the best scary books of all time?
The 20 Scariest Books of All Time Do yourself a favor: Don’t read these scary books right before bed. Salem’s Lot by Stephen King Those Across the River by Christopher Buehlman The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty The Ruins by Scott Smith Coraline by Neil Gaiman The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson It by Stephen King