How do I export a mailbox in Exchange 2010?
In Exchange 2010 SP1 and later versions, you can create a mailbox export request by using the New-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet via Exchange Management Shell (EMS) to export a mailbox to PST file in Exchange 2010. You can create either single or multiple PST export requests at once with PowerShell cmdlet.
How do I export a mailbox in PowerShell?
As said, to export a mailbox, you need to use the New-MailboxExportRequest PowerShell cmdlet. To export a mailbox with no parameters, specify the user and the network path to export the PST (see the below example). This will start the process of exporting the mailbox and the job will be queued.
How do I export my Exchange mailbox?
Use the EAC to create a mailbox export request
- In the EAC, go to Recipients > Mailboxes > click More options. , and select Export to a PST file.
- The Export to a . pst file wizard opens.
- On the next page, enter the UNC path and filename of the target . pst file.
- On the last page, configure one of these settings:
How do I check my Exchange 2010 mailbox export?
To view the status of the request use the Get-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet. You can also see more detail about the mailbox export request with Get-MailboxExportRequest. An easy way to see the progress of all mailbox export requests is to pipe Get-MailboxExportRequest into the Get-MailboxExportRequestStatistics cmdlet.
How do I assign a mailbox Import Export Role in exchange online?
Assign Mailbox Import Export Role in Exchange Online (o365)
- Once you click on Exchange a new window will open on your screen, then select permission >>admin roles >> + sign.
- Now a window will pop up on the screen, then you need to type a role name in the name box (like import-export) & go to roles and click on the + sign.
How do I export a mailbox in Exchange 2013?
Steps to Export Exchange 2013 Mailboxes to PST by Using EAC
- Open EAC and login as administrator.
- Then navigate to Recipients > Mailboxesand click on More options.
- Select Export to a PST file option from the dropdown.
How do I export Exchange Online mailbox to PST Powershell?
Steps to Export Mailboxes from Office 365 to PST are:
- Step 1: Login using Office 365 Admin/User account.
- Step 2: Select mailbox to export as PST.
- Step 3: Choose Category & set Date Filter.
- Step 4: Browse target to save PST file.
- Step 5: Click Export to begin the process.
How do I create a mailbox Import Export Role in exchange online?
To add your user then do the following.
- Browse to 365 home panel.
- Select Admin Centres and Exchange.
- Select Permissions.
- Click”+” to create a new role.
- Name the role Import Export.
- Under Roles locate the import export role.
- Add the desired user.
- Wait an hour and check back!
How do I check my mailbox export status?
Use the Get-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet to view the detailed status of an ongoing export request that was initiated by using the New-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet. This cmdlet is available only in the Mailbox Import Export role, and by default, the role isn’t assigned to any role groups.
Does Exchange 2010 have EAC?
The EAC was introduced in Exchange Server 2013, and replaces the Exchange Management Console (EMC) and the Exchange Control Panel (ECP), which were the two management interfaces in Exchange Server 2010.
What is EAC Exchange 2010?
The Exchange Administration Center (EAC) is a Web-based management console for managing Exchange Server 2013 environments. The EAC replaces the Exchange Control Panel and Exchange Management Console, the two primary interfaces used to perform administrative tasks in Exchange Server 2010.
Is it possible to export exchange 2010 mailboxes to PST?
Microsoft Exchange 2010 server allows users to export Exchange 2010 mailboxes to PST using PowerShell cmdlets. But there is a limitation with PowerShell cmdlets; if the EDB file is corrupt, dismounted, or disconnected, then you’ll have to use an independent EDB to PST Converter tool.
Can you run PowerShell on Exchange Server 2010?
Install Outlook 2010 on the Exchange Server 2010, and run the PowerShell commands on the actual server. Also remember that unlike Exchange 2007, everything about Exchange 2010 is 64-bit (including the Outlook 2010).
Where can I find the mailbox export cmdlet?
This cmdlet is available only in on-premises Exchange. Use the Get-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet to view the detailed status of an ongoing export request that was initiated by using the New-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet. This cmdlet is available only in the Mailbox Import Export role, and by default, the role isn’t assigned to any role groups.
Which is the first parameter in PowerShell export mailbox?
-Identity is the first required parameter, it defines the source mailbox. Decide whether to pipe a Get-Mailbox command into Export-Mailbox, or whether to specify the Display Name, Alias or SMTP address.