How do I add a data layer to GTM?
Set up the data layer variable
- Click Variables.
- Under User-Defined Variables, click New.
- Click Variable Configuration and select Data Layer Variable as the variable type.
- In the Data Layer Variable Name field, enter the key exactly as it was written in the code (e.g. bookTitle, not book title.)
How do I create a GTM link?
Let’s proceed to step 1.
- Enable a link click trigger in GTM.
- Enable built-in Click Variables.
- Create a tag.
- Update the click trigger.
- Create an All Elements Click trigger in GTM.
- Enable click variables in GTM.
- Create a Tag.
How do I link GTM and GA?
Deploy Universal Analytics with Tag Manager
- On the Workspace Overview screen, click New Tag.
- Click Tag Configuration and choose Universal Analytics.
- Select the desired Track Type.
- Select or create a new Google Analytics Settings Variable:
How do I see the data layer in Google Tag Manager?
In Google Tag Manager, go to Variables > User Defined Variables > New > Data Layer Variable.
How do I know my data layer?
A third way to find your data layer information is using the console tab in developer tools. Simply type “dataLayer” into the console, and voila, there’s your data layer. Click the down arrow next to the data layer array, and you can see the different objects inside.
What is GTM link?
Google Tag Manager is a free tool that allows you manage and deploy marketing tags (snippets of code or tracking pixels) on your website (or mobile app) without having to modify the code. Here’s a very simple example of how GTM works.
Does Google Analytics track link clicks?
Can Google Analytics Track Link Clicks? Yes Google Analytics can track both internal and external link clicks through what is called “event tracking”. Custom code snippets or events from Google Tag Manager can help feed these events into Google Analytics based on your specific requirements.
Can anyone create a calculated metric?
To create a Calculated Metric you’ll need to have edit-level permission inside Google Analytics. If you do, then head to the Admin section and select ‘Calculated Metrics’ under your reporting view.
Why is GTM in view only mode?
The reason why you are not seeing the Preview and Submit buttons is that you are in View Only Mode. It means that you don’t have enough permissions in the container. Even if you are an admin of the GTM account, you still might not have enough permissions on the container level.
How do I find the data layer?
What is data layer in web application?