What movie was #1 in the box office in 1980?
Domestic Box Office For 1980
|1||Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back||1,278|
|2||9 to 5||910|
|4||Kramer vs. Kramer||898|
What was the highest-grossing film worldwide in 1980?
1980 Worldwide Box Office
|1||Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back||$209,398,025|
|2||9 to 5||$103,290,500|
What is the highest-grossing movie of all time?
The Top 20 Highest-Grossing Movies of All Time Worldwide
- Avatar (2009) Box office: $2.85 billion.
- Avengers: Endgame (2019) Box office: $2.80 billion.
- Titanic (1997) Box office: $2.21 billion.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Jurassic World (2015)
- The Lion King (2019)
- Furious 7 (2015)
What was the biggest 80s movie?
- Return of the Jedi (1983), $309 million.
- The Empire Strikes Back (1980), $290 million.
- Batman (1989), $251 million.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), $245 million.
- Ghostbusters (1984), $238 million.
- Beverly Hills Cop (1984), $234 million.
- Back to the Future (1985), $210 million.
What was the number 1 movie in April 1981?
Domestic Box Office For April 1981
|Rank||Release||% of Total|
|2||Friday the 13th Part 2||29.6%|
Who was the most famous person in the 80s?
- Arnold Schwarzenegger. You must’ve been living under a rock if you never saw any of Ah-nold’s ’80s films.
- Bill Cosby. William “Bill” Cosby, was an icon long before the ’80s.
- Brooke Shields. Brooke Shields started her career as a child model.
- Eddie Murphy.
- Harrison Ford.
- Hulk Hogan.
- Larry Bird.
Where did the 1980 Summer Olympics take place?
1980 Summer Olympics. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to navigation Jump to search. Games of the XXII Olympiad, held in Moscow in 1980.
How much money was spent on the 1980 Olympics?
It consisted of five platinum coins, six gold coins, 28 silver coins and six copper-nickel coins. According to the Official Report, submitted to the IOC by the NOC of the USSR, total expenditures for the preparations for and staging of the 1980 Games were US$ 1,350,000,000, total revenues being US$ 231,000,000.
Why was NBC not broadcasting the 1980 Olympics?
NBC, which had intended to be another major broadcaster, canceled its coverage in response to the U.S. boycott of the 1980 Games, and became a minor broadcaster with 56 accreditation cards, although they did air highlights and recaps of the Games on a regular basis.
Who was the Soviet mascot for the 1980 Olympics?
A Soviet stamp sheet showing the logo of the games and its mascot Misha holding the 1980 Olympic light. The map shows the torch relay route from Olympia, Greece, the site of the ancient Olympic Games, to Moscow, Russian SFSR.