How do I reset an iPhone to factory settings?
Erase all content and settings from iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone. If you’re erasing your iPhone because you’re replacing it with a new iPhone that you have on hand, you can use extra free storage in iCloud to move your apps and data to the new device.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How do I reset my Apple watch with my phone?
How to reset your Apple Watch using your paired iPhone
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together until you complete these steps.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap General > Reset.
- Tap Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings, then tap it again at the bottom of the screen to confirm.
How do you reset a disabled iPhone?
Go to iCloud.com on a computer or another device > Log in to your iCloud account (Apple ID). Step 2. Click on “Find iPhone” > Click on the “All Devices” option > Select the device that has been disabled > Click “Erase iPhone”. Afterward, your device will reset back to factory settings and all data will be removed.
How do I do a hard reset on my Apple Watch?
Force restart your Apple Watch You should force restart your device as a last resort and only if it’s not responding. To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
Is it bad to factory reset your iPhone?
Yes, a factory reset wipes your device of all of your personal settings and data you have obtained over the years. An Apple technician can recommend a factory reset of your device to help fix software errors or if you decide to sell your phone and want to remove all of your personal data from the iPhone.
How do I remove an Apple Watch from previous owner’s account?
Sign in with your Apple ID, and open Settings. Under My Devices, click your Apple Watch. Click X next to your device. Click Remove to confirm.
How do I factory reset my iPhone without a computer?
Part 1. Factory Reset an iPhone Without a Computer via Settings
- Go to the Settings app > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- The process will take a couple of minutes to complete.
- Open Safari or any browsers on any of your device > Enter icloud.com > Log in with your Apple ID and password.
How do I reset my Apple Watch without an Apple ID and previous owner?
The following explains how to do that.
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple Watch and tap the General option.
- Select the Reset option and tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Your Apple Watch will ask you to input your passcode.
- Tap the Erase All option and your Apple Watch will begin to reset.
How do I factory reset my Apple Watch 3 with activation lock?
- On a computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Go to Find My iPhone.
- Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.
- Click Erase Apple Watch. Select Next until the device is erased.
- Click the remove button next to your Apple Watch.