Can you update an iPod Classic?
Updating with newer software You need to use iTunes to install or update the software on an iPod nano, iPod shuffle, or iPod classic, and you can also use iTunes to update iOS on your iPod touch. Connect the iPod to your computer, click the iPod button, and you’ll see the Summary sync page appear.
Does Apple still support iPod classic?
The iPod Classic is no longer supported by the software, period. Backwards compatibility is not considered and old versions of iTunes are not provided by Apple. In fact, the support personnel are forbidden to provide an older version. They suggest buying a new iPod.
How do I reinstall iPod classic software?
To update or restore iPod classic:
- Make sure you have an Internet connection and have installed the latest version of.
- Connect iPod classic to your computer.
- In iTunes, select iPod classic in the device list and click the Summary tab.
- Click Update to install the latest version of the software.
What can I do with an old iPod Classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
Why did Apple discontinue iPod classic?
Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed Monday that the company quietly discontinued sales and production of its iconic iPod Classic last month because the company couldn’t get its hands on the parts for the device any longer.
How can I update my iPod classic without iTunes?
Update iOS Software
- Connect your iPod Touch to a power source with the connected USB connector cable and power block.
- Tap the “Settings” app, then “General” and then “Software Update.” Download the update, if necessary, and then tap the “Install Now” button in the Software Update section of your iPod Touch.