Can you do a day trip to Lake Como from Milan?
From Milan, Italy and Lugano, Switzerland it’s very easy to take a day trip to Lake Como. This is a much larger town than Bellagio and Varenna, and it will lack some of the charm, but it’s very easy to get to from Milan and makes a nice option if you don’t have a full day to spend on Lake Como.
How many days do you need in Lake Como Italy?
How many days should I spend in Lake Como? I’d suggest to spend at least 3-4 days, because there are a lot of towns and things to see and you will need time to experience Lake Como at its best.
How do I get from Milan to Lake Como?
2. From Milan to Lake Como by Train. Trains from Milan reach many towns around the Lake Como area. If you’re traveling to the city of Como, you can take a train directly from Milan to the Como Lago Station; if your final destination is Bellagio, choose a train that stops at the Varenna Esino Station.
Is it better to stay in Milan or Lake Como?
If you like museums and historic buildings, stay in Milan. If you enjoy lakeside scenery, stay somewhere on Lake Como. Somewhere around the middle of the lake (say Bellagio) would be more scenic than Como.
What is the best month to visit Lake Como?
For travelers who love the water, the best time to visit Lake Como is during the summer when the water is warm, and the temperatures reach their annual peak. The summer months also tend to be humid, however, and also the most tourist-filled.
Where should we stay in Lake Como?
- Menaggio – Where to stay in Lake Como first time. Menaggio is the main town on the western shore of Lake Como.
- Como – Where to stay in Lake Como on a budget.
- Bellagio – Best area to stay in Lake Como for nightlife.
- Varenna – Coolest place to stay in Lake Como.
- Tremezzo – Best Region in Lake Como for families.
Where can I stay in Lake Como without a car?
Lake Como Hotels and Places to Stay
- Villa d’Este. View Hotel. Cernobbio, Lake Como.
- Hotel Belvedere Bellagio. View Hotel. Bellagio, Lake Como.
- Hotel La Torre. 136 Reviews.
- Hotel Regina. View Hotel.
- Agriturismo Al-Marnich. View Hotel.
- Mandarin Oriental, Lago di Como. View Hotel.
- Albergo Lenno. View Hotel.
- Royal Victoria. 665 Reviews.
Is Bellagio Lake Como expensive?
Bellagio, Varenna, and Menaggio are the towns you seem to hear about most – but these are the most expensive and can be the hardest to get to. If you’re somewhat pressed for time, money, or convenience, consider Lecco or Como. Lecco is more industrial and more residential – there’s a bit more authenticity there.
What is the best time to visit Lake Como Italy?
What do you wear in Lake Como Italy?
Lake Como Packing Essentials Be sure to pack classy, yet breezy blouses, and plenty of sundresses. Jury’s out on whether or not shorts are an Italian fashion faux pas, but if you’re unsure then simply opt for maxi skirts. Also, Italian women are heel wearers, so bring along a pair of comfortable block heels or wedges.
What is the distance from Milan to Lake Como?
Driving distance from Lake Como to Milan, Italy. The total driving distance from Lake Como to Milan, Italy is 57 miles or 92 kilometers. Your trip begins in Lombardy, Italy.
How far is Milan from Lake Como Italy?
Driving distance from Milan, Italy to Lake Como. The total driving distance from Milan, Italy to Lake Como is 57 miles or 92 kilometers. Your trip begins in Milan, Italy. It ends in Lombardy , Italy.
Should I stay at Milan or Como?
Really, it depends on your interests. If you like museums and historic buildings, stay in Milan. If you enjoy lakeside scenery, stay somewhere on Lake Como. Somewhere around the middle of the lake (say Bellagio) would be more scenic than Como.