Can you color code Outlook folders?
The Conditional Formatting feature in Outlook allows you to get organized by automatically color coding your Emails, Calendar items, Contacts and Tasks without the need to apply a Color Category to it or move them to different folders. Show overdue emails and tasks in a red font.
How do I change the color of my inbox folders in Outlook?
Organize Your Outlook Inbox Using Colors
- Open Outlook and click on an email from your Manager (or someone else important).
- Click Using Colors Tab and verify the remaining settings (To or From, Name and Color); click Apply Color when ready.
- Click the X on the far right to exit the Organize Options.
How do I color categorize emails in Outlook 2010?
Create a color category
- In any message folder, in the Tags group on the Ribbon, select Categorize > All Categories.
- In the Color Categories dialog box, select New.
- Type a name for the category and select a color and optionally, a shortcut key.
Can you highlight email folders in Outlook?
In the Current View tool group, click on Change View. In the drop-down menu, click on Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders…. In the list of folders shown, click to select the boxes alongside the folders to which you want to apply the same formatting rules.
Can you bold folders in Outlook?
Select Menus and choose a new font size. You cannot change the font that is used, but you can change the size and make it bold. I found if I just change the menus size from 9 to 10 it makes the folder list text larger.
How do I color code my Outlook inbox?
For Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019 and Outlook 2016:
- Go to the View tab.
- Select View Settings.
- Choose Conditional Formatting.
- Click Add.
- Name your rule.
- Click on Font.
- Pick a color, style and size and click OK.
- Click on Condition.
How do I color code my Outlook contacts?
Organize your contacts with color categories
- Click People.
- Right-click the contact you want to categorize, click Categorize, and then click the color you want.
How do I color categorize emails in Outlook?
To assign a color category to a message in your Outlook inbox:
- Right-click on the message in the email list. You can also assign color categories to appointments and tasks.
- Select Categorize.
- Choose a color category to apply it to the email.
- You may be prompted to change the name of a category the first time you use it.
What do the colors mean in Outlook contacts?
A green tick means that recipients are available to contact. A yellow clock signals that they are away, and their computer has been idle, while a red dot means that they are busy. A purple arrow means they are out of office and a purple dot means that they have set up an automatic reply feature in Outlook.
How do you organize folders in Outlook?
- In the navigation pane, select the folder you want to move.
- In the “Folder” tab in the ribbon, click the “Move Folder” option in the “Actions” group, or right-click on the folder in the navigation pane and select “Move Folder.”
How do I change a folders font?
Ctrl+R to launch the “Properties” window. With the Folder Item Properties window open. Change the properties; Font Face, Size, Colour and Style accordingly to your preference. The large rectangle under the properties gives a visual indicator of what the folder text will look like.
How to color code emails in Microsoft Outlook?
Press OK to close the Conditional Formatting dialog. Your rule will apply immediately to al messages already received which correspond to the rule just created. Color code messages coming from a specific address. Open the Conditional Formatting dialog, add a new rule, name it, specify a font and press the Condition… button.
How to organize your Microsoft Outlook inbox using color?
Click Using Colors Tab, and Verify the remaining settings (To or From, Name and Color), click Apply Color when ready 2a. From the same menu above, Click Turn On to color all emails sent Only to Me Blue (or pick your color) 3. Click the X on the far right to Exit the Organize Options The changes are…
How to add color code to sent items?
Press the Add button and name the rule. For instance: In Sent Items folder Press the Font… button to set the highlighting options of your choice. Create a new Conditional Formatting rule with a unique color.
How to color code your emails, calendar or tasks?
Color Code your Emails, Calendar or Tasks automatically with Conditional Formatting The Conditional Formatting feature in Outlook allows you to get organized by automatically color coding your Emails, Calendar items, Contacts and Tasks without the need to apply a Color Category to it or move them to different folders.