Can Indian passport be renewed after expiry?
You can renew Indian passport up to 1 year before expiry or within three years after it has expired. Is police verification required for passport renewal in India? Yes, police verification is required for renewing your passport as well in India.
What is needed for Indian passport renewal?
Documents needed for the Indian Passport Renewal/Re-issue
- Online form that you printed out with the Application Reference Number (ARN).
- Original expired or expiring passport.
- Proof of address as a utility bill: water, telephone, electricity bills, etc.
- The utility bill should show statements for at least 2 months.
What happens to old passport when you renew India?
At the time of renewing your passport, you’re supposed to submit your old passport with the other supporting documents for processing. Your old passport will then be stamped as “cancelled” and returned back along with the new passport.
What is needed for renewal of passport?
Items You Need to Renew Your Passport
- Application form – Use the renewal application form DS-82 (PDF, Download Adobe Reader).
- Passport photo – Follow the photo requirements.
- Payment – Include your passport fees.
- Your most recent passport.
How long is passport valid after expiration?
Yes, you have five years from the expiration date to renew your passport as long as it was a 10-year passport (does not include temporary or child passports). Where is the expiration date on my passport? The expiration date is located on the data page where your full name and photo are also located.
Does passport number change after reissue?
The number on the passport will remain the same, only the validity will be changed in the passport. The changes will be made to the existing/old passport and will be returned as a renewed passport. When a passport is re-issued, a new booklet with a new passport is issued to the passport holder.
Can you renew passport after it expires?
You can renew your current or expired U.S. passport unless your passport was: Issued before your 16th birthday. Issued 15 or more years ago. Damaged, lost, or stolen.